When Your Wishes Come True .....

Thursday 11 August 2016


..... and that Gap discount code for full priced items comes through ... so this can wing it's way to me!



And as seen on the model :




And you know how I was saying how I haven't really looked in Gap recently - well it gave me a chance to peruse the site and there are actually a few little goodies to be nabbed on there. 

I may have slipped in a pair of these in the order (time will tell whether these work out in real life or not for me). I like the look of the Topshop ones but the colours are not for me. Navy on blue denim however are always a winner in my books. I'm not going too far out of my comfort zone with these. I felt I was pushing the boat out when I did patchwork jeans but they have been a surprising hit with me and they always seem to get a lot of love when I wear them. Not bad for a DIY job. Anyway, I'm picturing these embroidered jeans with grey cashmere coming in to autumn - it pays to think ahead. I have to say, I spotted these on a lady (Sarah) on a Facebook site and thought immediately "those are the ones!".




And I didn't go too overboard with the ordering but I hear there's a heatwave coming and this playsuit  (they call it a romper but I prefer playsuit) looked good as it has the all important arm coverage for me, a drawstring waist (not elasticated) and it's black. Non offensive easy to wear black. And it's £11.99. 




The thing is, even if there is a discount code, or a sale, you still need to bear in mind if it's going to work in your wardrobe and whether you will actually wear something. So I have had to pass up on this beauty :




... which I keep seeing looking fabulous on Michelle and I know will be coming out year after year after year :




..... purely on the grounds that I don't like getting my arms out. And I would always have to wear it with a cardi. #sadface


And that gap code? It's EMAILGAP I'm not sure if it works if you're not on the mailing list but if not, get yourself signed up!





9 comments

  1. I actually caved on the 'Michelle dress' (in black though, obvs), but when it came, the lacy yoke sat all wonky and even when I adjusted the straps it was no good. I did think of you as I was struggling to make it work - these 'what would Susie So So do?' moments have saved me from many a poorly made garment :-D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I would have thought that dress would have been lovely on you with the toned arms and everything but if the yoke wasn't right, it wasn't right. Close is sometimes not good enough. But you ordered the top now haven't you? (IG Comment).

      Delete
    2. Yes, I held out but it's only available in L now so it may well be going back if it turns out to be huge! Fingers crossed... x

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the code. I did go into gap yesterday, but had a tired 10yr old with me. They had a buy 1 top get another half price offer in store. The top looks lovely on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kept seeing that offer but I didn't want two tops so I refused to buy it on those grounds. I'm glad I held out and this code came through - even better than the 30% off one!

      Delete
  3. That top is soooo gorgeous Sue! Absolutely adore it on you....will definitely be checking that out! ;0) Thank you for the lovely mention.....I love that dress and I'm doing my best to get as many wears as I can out of it this year! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks fab on you - I have total arm and leg envy where you're concerned and can never quite carry these styles off. I think it's a beauty to have in your wardrobe.

      Delete
  4. So I bought this top last week but sent it back because the shoulders felt a bit tight but the body was loose...? But now regretting it and may have ordered it again ! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I tried on the regular in my size in the store and thought it was good. But when I ordered, I ordered a petite and regular. The petite was too tight round the neck and billowed out too much from the boobs area. The regular was a bit too long but better on the neck and still a bit billowy. It only seems to work if it's tucked in to some high waisted jeans. I think it may have to be a return for me this time. #oneday

      Delete

Susie So So